Friday, December 2, 2016

RUBRICS. What does a good portfolio look like? (See the Rubric/checklist used at High Tech high around 2005).

What happened today

10 am   I was on my way to an interview at a school that uses projects and I called the office of George Moraitis.  The analyst who answered asked for the issue to be emailed to him (he claims to have hundreds of email messages) and he recalled the "Rhode Island proposal" when I said that I had met this condition.
He will contact me to arrange a meeting between himself, me and the legislative aide...   December 1

The topic eventually will look like this:  "What does a good portfolio look like?"
We will know one when we see it.

The examples below come from a blog that was found for me by my paper.li account (which delivered the following message):

============================================  


The digital portfolios Daily
Published by
FreeEnglish Lessons
02 December 2016
Technology Business Science Education #alive #analytics
Today's headline
Portfolio Sites That You Should Take As Example
thumbnailwww­.designyourway­.net - Every designer or artist wants to have the best possible online portfolio to showcase his or hers work in a manner that will make the visitors become clients. That’s the desired result, but how doe...


=====================================================
Here is the link
 http://www.designyourway.net/blog/inspiration/portfolio-sites-that-you-should-take-as-example/

A good portfolio is usually simple and
easy to navigate
A good portfolio has a simple theme and it is clear that someone has taken time to organize the elements.
It's nice if the portfolio is more than just words.
There is a plus if the student demonstrates facility in another language.  Does the student get into the mind of the viewer and attempt to do something with what he's learned?

Is the viewer tempted to use something that the student has assembled?


Does the student use language in a colorful way?

Here are some of the portfolios that caught my eye from a list of 10 front pages selected by a designer who "reads design books the way a hamster eats carrots."

Bogdan Sandu

Bogdan is a designer and editor at DesignYourWay. He's reading design books the same way a hamster eats carrots, and talks all the time about trends, best practices and design principles.


I looked closely at the details and I liked the earbuds...  but I didn't see anything unusual.
Perhaps I like the cup of coffee on the right.

Look at the image at the top...
Is that a chin surrounded by a hoodie? at the top or a bird's beak with a tongue?
MORE TIPS:
Give evidence that you keep in touch with a variety of sources.  What newsletters do you subscribe to?
My Paper.li account is one way that I use to keep open to what is out there.



=======================











Here is the outline (rubric)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello -- please consider emailing MyNewMethods@gmail.com or texting +1 954 646 8246. I have free videos, webinars and phone support and free ebooks to support students and parents who want to see school work displayed for college admission officers. consider visiting www.Mastery.org to see the next stage of Digital Portfolios. www.TINYURL.com/nogradesvideo is a call for more skills. Thanks for reading this far. www.tinyurl.com/sundp5 for a free ebook about DPs.